Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Eats for tonight "cabbage patch stew"

Well tonight was a very simple night, although I had made this just three days ago my kids or shall I say two of my kids had put in a simple request for Cabbage patch stew! This meal is so simple and just down right comforting! I remember my mom made something very similar when I was a child. This version however is from my mother-in-law. My moms had more of a kick to it (spicy). I usually serve this with either corn bread or yeast rolls. So here goes folks I hope you enjoy and make it for your family! Lots of love to you all!

Cabbage Patch Stew

1 pound of ground beef
1 small chopped onion
3-4 cloves of minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1 can of pinto beans ,drained
1 can of Northern Beans,drained
1 can of crushed tomato
1 small head of cabbage,chopped (or can use just half depending or taste)
add water to desire filling

First brown meat and then add onion,garlic,salt and pepper.
then, add beans and crushed tomato to mixture. After about five minutes add chopped cabbage. Cook for about 15-20 minutes on medium heat. Now if you want the "kick" add diced jalapenos, or diced pablano peppers or even a couple dashes of cayenne pepper!

It is really that simple and tasty!



No comments:

Post a Comment